Contact Us
Chat Online

bord and pillar mining at impala

DMR backs down on Aquarius - Miningmx

Jul 20, 2010· The instruction stated that, “all mining companies in the North West region employing the bord and pillar mining method are instructed..to immediately review the code of practice for the prevention of rockfalls and rockbursts in metalliferous mines, related mine standards and procedures to cater for more effective measures including but not ...

BOLTER – Mining Science and Technology

Bord & Pillar (15) Method (7) Traditional Pillar Extraction (2) Panel & Pillar Extraction (2) Modern Pillar Extraction (2) Equipment (5) Ground Control (1) Ventilation (2) ... Invitation to International Workshop of Coal Mining at the Great Depth . Peter McInally Book on Ventilation . Contact us . Links . Useful Links. Contribute to the Website ...

Mining Funda: Bord and Pillar method of Mining

Bord and pillar mining method comprises two phases i.e DEVELOPMENT and DEPILLARING. Sometimes both these phases proceeds simultaneously. In development, pillars are formed by driving a network of galleries, of which one set is generally parallel to the dip and the other set is parallel to the strike cutting the former at right angles.

A Probabilistic Structural Design Process for Bord and ...

Figure 2. Schematic presentation of the steps involved in the FLAC2D/Hoek-Brown and System Pillar Equilibrium/SPEC methodology. The comparison of the improved method with underground observations: Two bord and pillar mines in the Bushveld complex were selected for calibration, Two Rivers and Impala Platinum Mines, to test the proposed methodology.

Bathopele Mine, Rustenburg - Mining Technology | Mining ...

Mining activity at Bathopele involves the Bord and Pillar mining layout in the low profile (LP) section, while breast mining layout is applied for the extra low profile (XLP) section. Mining is carried out depths ranging from 40m to 350m below the surface. Ore is blasted out of the rock and transported to surface using conveyor belts.

Mechanised mining in the spotlight - Miningmx

Jul 16, 2010· Shepherd pointed out Implats lost about 20% of its production from bord and pillar mechanised stopes following the reduction in panel width. He said Aquarius Platinum appeared to be the company which was the most exposed to such changes, because it derived at least 85% of its South African production from mechanised bord and pillar mining.

Implats Distinctly Platinum | Operations | Operations

Impala. Impala, Implats’ 96%-owned primary operational unit, has operations on the western limb of the world-renowned Bushveld Complex near Rustenburg in South Africa. This operation comprises a 10-shaft mining complex and concentrating and smelting plants. The base and precious metal refineries are in Springs, east of Johannesburg.

Room and pillar mining - Wikipedia

Room and pillar (variant of breast stoping), is a mining system in which the mined material is extracted across a horizontal plane, creating horizontal arrays of rooms and pillars. To do this, "rooms" of ore are dug out while "pillars" of untouched material are left to support the roof overburden.Calculating the size, shape, and position of pillars is a complicated procedure, and is an area of ...

Bord-and-pillar mining explained | Illawarra Mercury

May 31, 2017· Bord-and-pillar mining is used in first workings of a deposit, and when irregularly shaped deposits, or sensitive environmental conditions, call for a lighter touch. This method is used at ...

Major Mines & Projects | Two Rivers Mine

Reef production is through a fully mechanised bord and pillar stoping method is employed where stoping widths average around 1.8 metres. A mining section consists of eight 8-12m bords, with pillar sizes increasing with depth below surface. In the shallow areas up …

Definition of bord-and-pillar method - mindat.org glossary

Definition of bord-and-pillar method. A system of mining in which the distinguishing feature is the winning of less than 50% coal on the first working. It is more an extension of the development work than mining. The second working is similar in principle to top slicing. The remainder of the coal is won by a retreating system, the cover being ...

Bord and Pillar mining by continuous Miner in HINDI - YouTube

Nov 05, 2017· This video provides a basic description of the room & pillar mining method for extracting coal underground. It includes an explanation of the different products .

Coal Mining Methods - EMFI

Coal Mining Methods Underground Mining Longwall & Room and Pillar Mining Longwall mining and room-and-pillar mining are the two basic methods of mining coal underground, with room-and-pillar being the traditional method in the United States. Both methods are well suited to extracting the relatively flat coalbeds (or coal seams) typical of

NSW Mining Methods - NSW Mining

Underground mining accounts for 60% of world coal production, but is less common in NSW, making up around 35% of raw coal production. This method is also used to mine metallic minerals like gold and copper. The two main types of underground mining in NSW are bord-and-pillar and longwall mining.

FACT SHEET IMPALA - Implats

FACT SHEET IMPALA. 2 Impala, Implats’s 96% owned primary operational unit has operations situated on the western limb of the world- ... predominantly conventional breast mining. Mechanised bord and pillar mining occurs in selected Merensky Reef areas on two of the shafts (12 and 14 Shafts).

Board & Pillar? | Coal, Colliery and Mining Forum.

Mar 24, 2013· Bord and pillar, (same as board I guess), Post and Stall, Stall Worked, and here is one up for grabs, for some reason I cannot shake off the thought that I recall this method being referred to as Pillar and Post locally at least, I know that it seems to be nonsensical by virtue of both terms being support methods, but we are a queer lot in this corner anyway (tail-gate corner that is, probably ...

Impala Rustenburg 14 Shaft Fire Jacey Kruger

Impala Rustenburg 14 Shaft Fire Jacey Kruger. We respect, care and deliver Index • Overview ... • Bord and Pillar Hybrid mining: • 7 x 7 meter, bord and pillar. • It contributes 35% of the weighline tons, only Merensky tons. ... IMPALA PLATINUM - 4 SHAFT General Ventilation Layout - Existing System 21 …

Principles of Room & Pillar Mining - YouTube

Sep 10, 2012· This video provides a basic description of the room & pillar mining method for extracting coal underground. It includes an explanation of the different products working together in a room & pillar ...

Coal Pillar Design Criteria for Surface Protection,

Coal Pillar Design Criteria for Surface Protection D Hill1 ABSTRACT Large areas of ground are permanently supported on coal pillars, both in extensive old workings and current drivages in active mining operations. Continued growth of civil infrastructure is resulting in more surface development above old bord and pillar mines and an increased ...

Pillar Strength and Design Methodology for Stone Mines

Pillar Strength and Design Methodology for Stone Mines Gabriel S. Esterhuizen, Sr. Research Engineer Dennis R. Dolinar, Lead Research Engineer John L. Ellenberger, Lead Research Scientist NIOSH-Pittsburgh Research Laboratory Pittsburgh, PA ABSTRACT Underground stone mines in the United States make use of the room-and-pillar method of mining.

Mine Manager at Impala Platinum | Profiles, Jobs, Skills ...

• Have strong knowledge on underground narrow reef and bord and pillar mining methods in a hard rock mining environment. ... Section Manager for Reagetswe Mining Group at Impala 20# Company ...

Design of Bord and Pillar method in coal mines - SlideShare

Feb 27, 2016· Design of Bord and Pillar method in coal mines 1. Design of BORD AND PILLAR method in coal mines AASHUTOSH CHHIROLYA B.TECH (MINING) 6TH SEM. AKS UNIVERSITY SATNA MP 2. INTRODUCTION The importance of mining is definitely significant to human civilization.

Room-and-pillar mining | coal mining | Britannica.com

Other articles where Room-and-pillar mining is discussed: mining: Room-and-pillar mining: The most common mining system is room-and-pillar. In this system a series of parallel drifts are driven, with connections made between these drifts at regular intervals. When the distance between connecting drifts is the same as that between the parallel drifts, then a…

Impala Shaft 9 - Mining Atlas

Impala Shaft 9 is a Platinum Group Metals Mine (Rustenburg) in South Africa owned by Impala Platinum. General: Impala holds contiguous mining rights and prospecting rights for a total of 260 square kilometres in the area around Rustenburg. Operations comprise 1...

Bord & Pillar Method | Mining | Coal - Scribd

Basic parameters of bord and pillar mining system 1. Gallery (bord) 2. Pillar. 3. Junction. Calculation of percentage of extraction during development If coal from the full seam thickness is extracted, the percentage of extraction during development is nearly 20% in deep mines and 35% in shallow mines.

Impala Shaft 17 - Mining Atlas

Mechanised bord and pillar mining takes place in selected areas only and accounts for between 12 and 14% of production. Limited open pit mining takes place at the outcrop position. Mining currently extends to a depth of around 1,000 metres, with most operations occurring at an average depth of 650 metres.

Research Report on the Coal Pillar Recovery under Deep …

RESEARCH REPORT ON THE COAL PILLAR RECOVERY UNDER DEEP COVER Office of Mine Safety and Health Research National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health ... should examine the safety implications of retreat room-and-pillar mining practices, with emphasis on the impact of full or partial pillar extraction mining.

EVALUATION OF BORD AND PILLAR MINING SYSTEM IN …

This is to certify that the thesis entitled “EVALUATION OF BORD AND PILLAR MINING SYSTEM IN MCL COAL MINES” submitted by Sri Ram chandra Nayak, Roll No. 10605015 & Sri Sangram keshari Dalai, Roll No. 10605027 in partial fulfillment of the requirements for the

Two Rivers Platinum Mine: the orebody, the mining …

African Rainbow Minerals and Impala Platinum, respectively. TRP is ... The mining method is a mechanized bord and pillar layout, which will yield a total of 185 000 tons at full run of mine production from the underground UG2 mine. ... Two Rivers Platinum Mine: the orebody, the mining …

The Duncan Method of Partial Pillar Extraction at Tasman …

2011 Underground Coal Operators’ Conference The AusIMM Illawarra Branch 8 10 – 11 February 2011 THE DUNCAN METHOD OF PARTIAL PILLAR EXTRACTION AT TASMAN MINE Kent McTyer1 and Tony Sutherland2 ABSTRACT: Mining commenced at Tasman Mine in late 2006.The current method of mining is bord and

bord and pillar mining at impala - warilab.org

The design of pillar systems as practised in shallow hard ... SAIMM. the design of bord and pillar systems in coal mining. The main consideration is to ensure that the strength ..... strength, many of the 5 x 5 m pillars at Impala are.

Major Mines & Projects | Mimosa Mine

The bord and pillar mining method is employed and stoping widths average around 2 metres. Mining bords advance along the strike. The mining cycle involves mechanised support drilling and installation, mechanised face drilling, charging and blasting, and mechanised lashing onto a conveyor network to an underground bunker.

The Merensky and UG2 Reefs are mined concurrently; the ...

concurrently; the mining method is predominantly conventional breast mining IMPALA MINERAL RESOURCES AND MINERAL RESERVES The Impala mining operation is located just to the north of Rustenburg on the western limb of the Bushveld Complex. The location of the Impala operation showing the adjacent mines is shown in the accompanying locality map.

Globalization & Localization

6 Core Technologies Make Jaw Crushers Work More Smoothly